Pumpkin muffins with these healthy ingredients are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks! This is a delicious basic recipe, but you can add Sephra Chocolate Chips to any pumpkin muffin or pumpkin bread recipe you enjoy making! The chocolate really works well with the pumpkin flavor!
My husband and I went to a friends house for dinner the other night. She served a delicious casserole using leftover turkey! Two days after Thanksgiving, so no surprise there! The minute we walked into the house we were welcomed by the aroma of something ‘pumpkin-y’ baking in the oven. I was immediately excited! Turns out she had thrown together last minute some delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffins – yep, to go with turkey casserole. And they were awesome! Muffins aren’t just for breakfast – even if they do have chocolate chips in them. Dark chocolate is health food after all! And so is pumpkin! I also used a basic pumpkin muffin recipe with coconut oil – so, I mean, can you feel any better about serving these to your family for dinner or anytime?
We served them with homemade Turkey Noodle Soup – now 4 days after Thanksgiving. 🙂 It was a very nice combination. And the muffins are even better the day after!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soday
1/2 teaspoon baking soday
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz) can plain pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tablespoon whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Sephra Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with papers or I just sprayed pan directly with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Toss together and set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl combine pumpkin puree, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix with a whisk to combine.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. and fold to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon into muffin tins til they are about 7/8 full.
6. Bake 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve plain or with butter. Delish either way!