This Pumpkin Cake recipe makes a great Halloween or Thanksgiving treat – and an easy alternative to traditional Pumpkin Pie.
It’s one of the simplest recipes we know. And, we promise that whenever you decide to make it, your family, friends or customers will rave about it!
It takes about 10 minutes to assemble and 40-45 minutes to bake.
Pumpkin Cake recipe
For the Pumpkin Cake, you will need:
- 1 large can of canned pumpkin (or you can use fresh if you like)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 packet yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts
To make the Pumpkin Cake:
For the best ever Pumpkin Cake, mix the first eight ingredients together and spread into a 9″x13″ cake tin or Pyrex dish.
Sprinkle the yellow cake mixture over the top. Then melt the butter before drizzling over the mixture.
Run a knife crosswise through the cake batter to get it to mingle a little better with the other ingredients. Then sprinkle the cup of nuts over the mixture.
Bake at 360 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Serve warm with whipped or ice cream and a relaxing cup of tea!
Did you know? 5 fun facts about pumpkins!
Pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes!
- A pumpkin is actually a fruit rather than a vegetable so it works perfectly in a cake!
- There are thought to be more than 45 different types of pumpkin although we are only familiar with a few
- The US states which produce the most pumpkins every year include California, Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania
- Canned ‘pumpkin’ contains a variety of different squash and not just pumpkin
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds contain lots of health boosting properties and are packed with vitamins that can help boost immunity.
For more pumpkin recipes, click here.
You might also like…