There’s nothing better than a homemade gift – especially if it contains our White Chocolate Bark with Toasted Pecans.
Your family and friends will love you for it. That’s, of course, if you can bear to share!
White Chocolate Bark with Toasted Pecans (other nuts are available!)
Even white chocolate with a drizzle of milk or dark chocolate over the top is fantastic and looks so professional.
Feel free to change up the nuts, but we think the flavor of toasted pecans is amazing.
You can find tips on toasting pecans here.
This recipe makes one 12 x 18” pan of bark, which we found made about 6-8 little cellophane bags for gifting.
You may want to double or triple the recipe.
You will need:
- 2 lb bag of Sephra White Chocolate Melts
- 2 ½ cups whole pecans – get them in bulk from your favorite warehouse store
- Parchment paper
- Large cookie sheet – ours was 12” x 18”
- Cellophane bags and ribbon for gift giving
What we did:
- Cover the cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or tin foil
- Toast pecans – see our post on How to Toast Pecans
- Let cool and chop. Set aside
- Microwave the chocolate according to package directions. DO NOT OPEN THE BAG YET!
- Basically melt at half power for about one to two minutes at a time. Knead bag in between melting
- Once the chocolate is melted (it will feel smooth and creamy as you knead it) carefully tear top off and pour into a bowl
- DO NOT OVER MELT. WHITE CHOCOLATE BURNS EASILY – SO TAKE IT SLOW…
- Immediately add chopped nuts and stir until blended. Pour mixture onto your parchment paper covered pan
- Spread to about ¼” (basically the same height as your chopped nuts)
- Let set until firm – between 45 minutes to an hour and it’s good to go. No need to refrigerate.
You want your pan to be big enough to be able to spread the bark to the proper thickness. Or thin-ness in this case. Use two pans if you need to.
The chocolate bark breaks more easily and is much tastier if it’s between 3/16” and ¼” thick.
The secret is in the Melts!
The secret to the simplicity of this recipe is using Sephra Chocolate Melts. This delicious candy making chocolate requires no tempering
Simply melt the chocolate in the bag; knead the bag in your hands and squeeze into a bowl. Then mix with your favorite ingredient.
Or you can squeeze the chocolate right onto your pan and sprinkle with pecans, or your choice of toppings. Let it set for about an hour and it’s good to go.