This delicious little bar cookie is reminiscent of the famous camping treat, S’mores. It is such an easy recipe and frankly they are so much better than regular Smores!
Smores Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Sephra Premium Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 8 backing dish and line with two sheets of parchment paper, leaving a slight over hang on each side, and butter the paper. Using the parchment paper makes it much easier to lift the bars out for easier cutting; but you can opt to just butter the baking dish without lining.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt for 20 seconds or so, til blended.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press one half of the dough into an even layer in the bottome of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips over dough layer.
- Spread marshmallow creme over top of chocolate chips, spreading into an even layer.
- Take golf bal size pieces of remaining dough and flatten into small shingles and layer side by side over marshmallow fluff. (Try to keep any fluff from showing through.)
- Bake in preheated oven 27-30 minutes until lightly golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Use parchment paper over hang to lift from pan before cutting. Cut right before serving as filling may run a little. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe source: adapted with slight changes from “Lovin in the Oven”